Hi, my name is Martin Bell, and I am the owner of Blue Jay Estate Sales LLC.
I am a 2012 graduate of the Missouri Auction School—the world’s number #1 Auctioneer School.
Born in Washington into a family that hailed from Red Lodge,Montana and also North Carolina (I really am all over map like they say!), I grew up in a military family and lived in 7 states from Hawaii to Maryland. After traveling through 44 states and 6 Canadian Provinces my family moved to the Bitterroot Valley to manage Sleeping Child Hot Springs. I stayed in Montana, dropped out of the University of Montana twice and have enjoyed completely unrelated careers since then! I love figuring things out!
After almost 20 years owning a business that required one on one interpersonal skills with a loyal clientele and also helping to start, implement and be part of an incredibly successful local soccer program in terms of the number of children served at the recreational level and an impressive number of titles at the state level for both boys and girls, I am well versed in the abilities of understanding the needs of individuals and the management of large groups of people.
In addition, I have two decades of knowledge in the business of contemporary and antique items, furniture and merchandise especially in the areas of Mid Century Furniture and Objects.
I have also appraised and sold specialty items for private clients, financial institutions and Estate Attorneys.
I conduct Blue Jay from my home office in a historic registry house that was built at the turn of the 20th century as an investment property financed by Marcus Daly’s stable manager.
It is full of Mid Century treasures, Harriet the cat and 3 dogs who guard the sofa and bed until it is time to go swimming each day.
Since 2009, Blue Jay has conducted over 350 documented Estate Sales in western Montana.
- Blue Jay is Montana’s only full time Estate Sale Company.
- Our Number One Asset to you is our ability to get enough buyers to your sale. Nobody can match us.
- Affiliate Member of Missoula Board of Realtors and Bitterroot Valley Board of Realtors.
- Sole liquidator for Ravalli County Public Administrator.
- We do not have a conflict of interest. Blue Jay does not own an auction house, antique or second hand store. We sell your Estate items for you at your Residence, Business, or Property.
- 40 plus sales a year average.
- Sales conducted year round. There is no bad time for a Blue Jay Sale (that’s what the public calls them!). We truly are an event in western Montana.
- The core of our marketing campaign is our 1100 plus subscriber email list that we send out for each sale on Sunday nights.
- Our website hosts the time, details, map and photos for each sale.
- In addition to our 1100 plus subscriber email list and website marketing, we include advertising in the RAVALLI REPUBLIC, BITTERROOT STAR, MISSOULIAN and their ONLINE EDITIONS, plus CRAIGSLIST and FACEBOOK. Specialty items are advertised in their own standalone marketing when needed. When appropriate, some sales will have front page color strip advertising in the Ravalli Republic.
- Directional signs for your sale are placed at appropriate locations the week of the sale.
- We have clean out options and recommendations for you post sale.
- BLUE JAY PAYS YOU THE SAME DAY IF THE SALE ENDS ON A FRIDAY, OR MONDAY MORNING IF THE SALE CONCLUDES ON A SATURDAY!
- FEEL FREE TO CALL MARTIN AT (406) 363-1600 FOR A PHONE CONSULTATION OR FREE WALKTHROUGH.