Hi, my name is Martin Bell, and I am the owner of Blue Jay Estate Sales LLC.
After growing up as a military brat in Washington, California, Hawaii, Texas, Alabama, North Carolina and Maryland as the son of a US Army helicopter pilot, we landed in Montana and my family took over management of Sleeping Child Hot Springs. After completing my last two years of High School in Hamilton, and attending the UM for a year, my entrepreneurship genes kicked in and I have been self employed since I was 21 and have owned two local well known businesses, Marty’s Shop , as a barber for many years on Main Street in addition to Sapphire Coffee Roasters, a wholesale and private coffee roaster and helped oversee the growth and success of the local soccer programs in the 90’s. I have been fortunate to travel to 7 different countries on 3 continents and see the world. And not done yet! All of this led to an almost decade long online business handling mid century items and collectibles online, which in turn transitioned into Blue Jay.
I am a 2012 graduate of the Missouri Auction School—the world’s number #1 Auctioneer School.
In addition, I have over two decades of knowledge in the business of Mid Century objects and general antiques and collectibles.
Clients, attorneys and local government have also had me appraise and sell specialty items online.
Four decades of real human interaction in Main Street and private business ownership plus community roles have given me an edge in the business of estate liquidation. The people I serve are more important than the knowledge of things.
Since 2009, Blue Jay has conducted over 500 documented Estate Sales in western Montana and even Idaho.
- OUR NUMBER ONE ASSET TO YOU IS OUR ABILITY TO GET ENOUGH BUYERS TO YOUR SALE. NOBODY CAN MATCH US.
- Blue Jay is Montana’s only full time Estate Sale Company.
- We gladly recommend trusted, experienced 3rd party options for items of high value and uniqueness.
- Affiliate Member of Missoula Board of Realtors and Bitterroot Valley Board of Realtors.
- Liquidator for Ravalli County Public Administrator.
- Blue Jay does not have a conflict of interest. Blue Jay does not own an auction house, antique or second hand store. We sell your Estate items for you at your residence, business, or property.
- No money needed upfront to start the process. We work on commission.
- 50 plus sales a year average. We often do 2 a week in the busy months!
- Sales conducted year round. There is no bad time for a Blue Jay Sale (that’s what the public calls them!). We truly are an event in western Montana.
- The core of our marketing campaign is our 1200 plus subscriber email list that we send out for each sale on Sunday nights.
- Our website hosts the time, details, map and photos for each sale.
- In addition to our 1200 plus subscriber email list and website marketing, we include advertising in the RAVALLI REPUBLIC, MISSOULIAN, CLARK FORK PRESS, MINERAL INDEPENDENT and their ONLINE EDITIONS, plus CRAIGSLIST, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER AND FACEBOOK BUY/SELL SITES. Specialty items are advertised in their own standalone marketing when needed. When appropriate, some sales will have front page color strip advertising in the Ravalli Republic.
- Directional signs for your sale are placed at appropriate locations the day of the sale.
- We have moving, relocation, clean out options and house cleaning recommendations for you post sale.
- BLUE JAY PAYS YOU THE SAME DAY IF THE SALE ENDS ON A WEEKDAY, OR MONDAY MORNING IF THE SALE CONCLUDES ON A SATURDAY!
- FEEL FREE TO CALL MARTIN AT (406) 363-1600 FOR A PHONE CONSULTATION OR FREE WALKTHROUGH.